Website Hard Rock International
The Director of Group Sales is responsible for effectively establishing and managing client relationships and accounts for their respective market segment. The Director is responsible for achieving both team and individual revenue goals through managing existing client relations, solicitation of new accounts, and consistent networking efforts. This person must create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the long term engagement of employees, guests, and owners.
- Coordinate ongoing research of the industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new sales and marketing strategies as well as to uncover potential group business; make recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Coordinate and participate in blitzes, expositions, fairs, familiarization trips, site inspections, and other relevant activities, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Monitor actual sales, revenues, and expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Resolve guest and client complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Meet or exceed sales KPI’s as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Be familiar with all Hard Rock Hotels’ sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Assist in the development and implementation of quarterly Sales Action Plans.
- Review and develop guest history records in Delphi.fdc to enhance personalized service for repeat guests.
- Use Delphi.fdc or any other applicable computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space, and building accounts.
- Conduct and/or participate in the required company standard meetings including but not limited to daily business review, weekly Sales
- Meetings, Pre-cons, Resume Meetings, weekly one-on-one with the Director of Sales & Marketing and morning Sound Check.
- Follows up promptly on leads generated by the Global Sales Offices, Destination Marketing Organizations, Cvent, and any other lead generating source.
- Work closely with Conference Services to ensure all details of the contract were delivered and guests depart satisfied.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours, and site inspections.
- Be able to understand and interpret market conditions, trends, and the competition by analyzing STAR data, Demand 360 Reports, and sales month-end reports.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone/email prospecting, sales calls, site inspections, and written communication.
- Monitor competitive set activities and adjust execution as needed.
- Ensure proper communication between sales and operations departments to satisfy any special group needs.
- Ability to perform numerical operations using basic counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing.
- Strong command of software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and hotel-specific platforms (MICROS Opera, Sabre/SYNXIS, Delphi, SUN, etc.).
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Strong communication and listening skills and excellent speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- Ability to move throughout the business (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to obtain impressions through the eyes.
- Ability to perform complex quantitative calculations or reasoning.
- Understanding of the Uniform System of Accounts for Lodging.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
- High energy with effective and influential people skills. Positive attitude and the desire to motivate others.
- Ability to prioritize and work on several projects simultaneously should pose a challenge without being overwhelming.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Ability to comprehend and use technical or professional language, either written or spoken, to communicate complex ideas.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Company: Hard Rock International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A