Website Hard Rock International
The Bartender is the stepping stone…the first area of service for the guests before arriving at their tables. It is essential to provide the guests with a positive experience before they step out of the bar. As a Hard Rock Cafe bartender, you will be assuming the role of tour guide, communicator, showman, decision-maker, memorabilia curator and musician (at heart).
- Maintaining proper cash drawer balances.
- Maintaining a clean and organized bar area.
- Maintaining proper product pars – through bar pulls & inventories.
- Directing guests to areas/restrooms.
- Stocking liquor, beer, wine and glassware throughout the shift.
- Properly labeling, dating, covering and refrigerating prepped items for the bar.
- Handling cash & other forms of payment.
- Answering questions – accurately and politley.
- Demonstrating impeccable product knowledge.
- Making proficient sales transactions – using a point-of-sale system.
- Making drinks to spec recipe.
- Performing opening, closing & side duties – setting up/breaking down the bar, cleaning glass/countertops, sweeping the floor, etc.
- Maintaining a proper 3-compartment sink – properly sanitizing equipment, utensils, and glassware.
- Serving food.
- Properly checking I.D.s – for guests who appear to be under 30 years old.
- Demonstrating responsible alcohol service.
- Suggestive selling – using proven techniques.
- Creating memorable experiences.
- 2 plus years of high volume bartending experience is required.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- In some U.S. States, a food safety certification program is required to be completed before being able to serve food or alcohol, which may include a food handlers card (i.e., California law requires this).
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Company: Hard Rock International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A