Website Hard Rock International
The incumbent in this position provides technical and end user training on the following application systems; Gaming, Point of Sale, Property Management Financial Applications, MS Exchange and other installed Application Systems. He/she also will maintain a working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft OS, Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft Office Professional.
- Resolve user complaints, research issues, answer technical questions; assist the Supervisor Applications in the maintenance of application systems.
- May be requested to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
- Coordinates with Supervisor Applications for user access to application system.
- Log complaints, determine if applications “can do” and train users to accomplish a requested task.
- Primarily focused on Level I – II (user, technician) applications support.
- Creates an atmosphere that induces guests to make Hard Rock Cincinnati Casino their choice for gaming entertainment; responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to team members in order to provide superior guest service.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- File copies prepared per above into maintenance help desk application and official vendor files for future problem tracking and vendor satisfaction use.
- Identify “quick fix” requirements, utilizing quality assurance and application testing.
- Maintain security and back-up procedures for application systems.
- Troubleshoot user problems with application software and hardware.
- Prepare systems documentation, communicate issues back to level II, IT Management, vendor, support personnel and end users.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff.
- Assist the Supervisor Applications in the development of instructional programs, conduct training of computer users, in one-on-one and/or classroom settings. Support users with technical advice and problem resolution.
- Working knowledge of all Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office products required.
- Review, comprehend and assimilate reports, information generated on and by the computer and other necessary documentation.
- Working knowledge of all the PC software at Hard Rock Rocksino Northfield Park and virus detection software.
- This position spends time on the Casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of crowds and noise, and the severity of which depends upon guest volume
- Obtain and maintain all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming regulations.
- Communicate effectively with outside contacts and all levels of team members.
- Computer operations experience on IBM mid-range systems, i.e., AS/400 and micro-processor computers preferred.
- Must successfully pass background check.
- Must successfully pass drug screening.
- Working knowledge of telecommunication system is preferred.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid drivers and all licenses / certifications per Federal, State, and Gaming/Lottery regulations
- Be flexible to work varying shifts and time schedules as needed.
Company: Hard Rock International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A