View All Holland & Barrett JobsHolland & Barrett
- Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
- Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business.
- We need to be at the forefront of the rapidly advancing technology that is helping our customers meet their health and wellness goals. We are investing heavily in delivering more speed in the retail experience, greater convenience in service and delivery, and increasing personalisation in our brand and product propositions, both in-store and online.
- Identify potential systems solutions to business needs, analysing the solution feasibility in conjunction with senior developers and technical architects
- Document proposed solutions to allow sign-off by technical specifications in a clear, concise and structured
- Research and suggest new open source tools and techniques that can be utilized in the team
- As an experienced Full Stack Engineer, you will have experienced in building applications which is delivered on cloud-based services in a disruptive environment with microservices architectures.
- Develop and maintain expertise in best practice development methodologies and techniques
- You’ll be learning and using the latest technologies as part of a talented, motivated team in our modern Liverpool street office, London.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience developing and working in a virtualized environment.
- Experience using container based APIs including Docker, Docker Swarm, or Kubernetes.
- Agile/scrum development experience.
- Understanding of microservices architecture design and implementation.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed project teams.
- Relational database design and optimization with MySQL, PostgreSQL.
- Any experience with GraphQL, D3js, Canvas, or WebGL would be amazing but not important
- Experience with CI/CD e.g. Jenkins.
- Experience with RESTful services and APIs.
- Interest in React, or other Front End languages
- Strong Development background in Java
Company: Holland & Barrett
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Basildon, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A