View All Home Depot JobsThe Home Depot
The Asset Protection Specialist is primarily responsible for preventing financial loss caused by theft and fraud and supporting safety and environmental program compliance in their assigned store/multiple stores. They utilize tools to minimize loss to the Company, including but not limited to identifying incidents of theft and fraud, reviewing CCTV and exception reports, monitoring the store’s physical security, auditing the Electronic Article Surveillance and driving a “shrink elimination” culture in the store. Other responsibilities include: preparing accurate and detailed case reports documenting your apprehensions and recoveries, preserving evidence, interacting with law enforcement and testifying in criminal and civil court actions. The Asset Protection Specialist must report any hazardous or unsafe condition to the Manager on Duty and carry out job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes the risk of injury to themselves, other associates, vendors, customers, and the Company. They must demonstrate integrity at all times, respond to asset protection and operational concerns of all associates and remain focused on store specific business objectives while supporting key asset protection and operational responsibilities.
- Teach, coach, and train associates on proper operational processes as well as store safety compliance standards.
- The APS will utilize tools to minimize Company loss, responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Prepare detailed and accurate case / investigation reports in a timely manner. Preserve relevant evidence, including but not limited to CCTV in all cases / investigations. Monitor criminal prosecutions, appear in court when required, testify and represent the Company in a professional manner.
- Identify (external and internal) incidents of theft and fraud. Detains and interviews persons apprehended for shoplifting, in accordance with local laws and Company policies governing apprehensions. Minimize risk of injuries during apprehensions.
- Review CCTV, audit EAS, exception reports and other available Company media to identify associates who may be engaging in dishonest activity on THD property; process individuals who commit theft and fraud.
- Monitor the store’s physical security. Drive execution of store safety programs and validate compliance with company standards and policies.
- Validate environmental compliance to company standards.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in a retail environment.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must continuously stand or walk or regularly requires lifting/handling/carrying material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Company: The Home Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A