View All Home Depot JobsThe Home Depot
Production Planning Analysts are responsible for leading small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. They must possess a high level of analytical ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem and develop conclusions using quantitative skills. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading peers on projects, effective communication to teams and leaders, reviewing and understanding capacity/supply chain operational data, and identifying trends in the retail and supply chain industry. A successful Operations Planning Analyst will possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical ability and communication.
- Validate that reporting and data analysis tools meet documented business requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise in the areas of reporting, data analysis and data models
- Perform data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis,
problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility.
- Present and communicate reporting related information and learning content
- Facilitate communication with business stakeholders regarding status and reporting related initiatives
- Support the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
- Support optimization of daily inbound and outbound transportation plans in a Transportation Management System and daily/weekly inbound appointment schedules into the distribution centres
- Partner with Transportation and Distribution to determine key opportunities for continuous improvement within the planning cycle and output to drive both short term and long term improvement
- Partner with the Inventory Planning and Replenishment team to determine and execute capacity mitigation opportunities to improve overall productivity
- Evaluate existing reporting and analytic tools, document deficiencies and new requirements
- Clarifies and resolves complex business issues by breaking them down into meaningful components to determine root cause and redesigning internal and external business processes.
- Writes, speaks, and presents clearly and succinctly across a variety of communication settings and adjusts communication style to the audience by translating and articulating technical concepts to non-technical groups.
- Demonstrates originality and imagination in thinking while developing a solution to a problem.
- Utilizes fundamental concepts of finance to manage budgets, forecast costs, and provide information to account for the financial impact of decision-making.
- Adapts to and embraces change with composure, resilience, and perseverance in the face of constraints, high pressure, and adverse situations.
- Must fill minimum time-in-position and performance management code requirement of M+
- Bachelor degree or equivalent degree in a field of study (e.g. Industrial Engineering) related to the positions would be considered an asset
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in: Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visual Basic, SQL, Word and Visio.
- Knowledge of SAP, Manhattan WMS and Manhattan TMS would be a definite asset
Company: The Home Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A