UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
- Regularly report project progress to manager and project steering team.
- Responsible for the preparation of bid packages and requests for quotes for materials, equipment and services.
- Responsible for the preparation of work order packages to construction.
- Use SAP and project management tools to cost-estimate, plan and execute project(s).
- Work closely with the finance team to provide project evaluation and economic analysis on the capital investments for such managed project(s).
- Ensure customer satisfaction requirements and final process design package(s) standards are met.
- Responsible for forecasting and managing capital expenditures on a monthly basis.
- Manage the execution of capital investments up to $10M from FEL-1 through their entire life cycles.
- Maintain effective communication among internal process design team, contractors, during the term of the project(s).
- Assume total project accountability for engineering, including: prioritization, scope development, risk assessments, directing and coordinating the personnel assigned to perform the process engineering, project management, detailed engineering/design, procurement, fabrication, construction, mechanical completion, unit commissioning and start-up, project controls (cost accounting, and scheduling for the project(s)), and project closure documentation (while following 6-Sigma and DFSS methodologies).
- Coordinates all project activities between internal process design team, design houses, and contractors.
- Manage the design house, contractors and internal process design team interface during the term of the project(s).
- Work with identified contractor to augment front-end process design package(s).
- Identify all internal/external resources for successful project execution, and ensure the necessary resources are assigned to the project appropriately by their respective managers.
- Oversee appropriate maintenance and records of all drawings, specifications, programs, and other documentation for such managed project(s).
- Deliver project on time, in accordance with the scope of the project and within targeted costs.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Formal training and certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is desired.
- 5 years experience in the management of financial budgets and capital projects.
- 5 years experience of increasingly related responsibilities in the capital project management and execution process.
- Six Sigma Greenbelt (or Blackbelt) certification or equivalent experience implementing productivity / continuous improvement projects.
- Knowledge of chemical plant operations and processes.
- Experience in the use of SAP, MS Project, other MS Office Suite of products, and Primavera desired.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A