Use your knowledge of manufacturing engineering fundamentals to help Honeywell’s Baton Rouge site deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work under limited supervision and alongside some of the world’s most talented engineers. It is Honeywell’s desire to become a world class maintenance organization by evaluating the reliability of materials, properties and techniques used in production. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who provide expertise and ensure the success of reliability engineering projects and programs while acting as a mentor to more junior engineers.
- Provide technical support for QA/QC, installation, and startup of all new critical equipment.
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to perform physical failure analysis, determine root cause of equipment failures and conduct equipment performance evaluations.
- Continually promote consistency by standardizing procedures/equipment/operations within area of responsibility.
- Participate as a member of mechanical turn-around/shutdown teams providing input into needed equipment inspection and repair procedures
- Drive an integrated risk management approach for HS&E, Quality and technical reliability
- Offer data driven suggestions and recommendations to the Reliability Manager based on technical expertise and engineering knowledge and experience.
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and MTBF data to generate Bad Actors list to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on different classes of equipment.
- Support capital projects by participating in setting equipment “fitness for use” criteria and specifications to optimize equipment/system reliability and life cycle cost.
- Work closely with the maintenance and operations management team in a partnership to achieve reliability excellence.
- Determine how process variation and equipment operation can impact equipment reliability
- Develop and implement equipment asset plans using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Risk Based Inspections (RBI) and other reliability techniques.
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done
- Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Deep understanding of the field’s standards and specifications
- Application of advanced engineering techniques to optimize manufacturing processes
- Some relevant experience.
- At least 3 years maintenance reliability experience in an industrial plant environment
- Knowledge of ASME/API codes and standards for piping, pressure vessels, and above-ground storage tanks
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical or Chemical)
- Excellent computer literacy
- Demonstrated experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) techniques and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to develop reliability improvement projects; with program execution experience preferred
- Capability of following guidelines and ensuring efficiency on tasks
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Baton Rouge, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A