We’re looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who’ll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you’ll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
As a National Manager you will report to the Head of Distribution and will possess strong and demonstrated expertise building and leading a team of high performing professionals in the retail wealth space.
- Support the implementation of transformational change to grow the wealth business whilst providing clear leadership for the team.
- Accountable for the overall performance of teams supporting national functions – Executive Relationship Managers, Private Banking BDMs, Commercial lending, Markets Desk and Investment Desk specialists.
- Drive overall customer experience (Net Promoter Score performance)
- Champion and embrace change and innovation within the teams, understanding project management principles.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of local and offshore wealth and investment products, Australian wealth models, retail credit policies, complex residential and commercial lending structures and Private Banking operations.
- Lead the team of frontline staff that support our High Net Worth customers – Private Bank, complex facilities including residential and commercial lending, and wealth focused customers.
- Strong understanding of regulatory guidelines.
- Experience in wealth and investment products, retail banking products (especially complex lending and liabilities). An understanding of High Net Worth and Private Bank propositions is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must be well organized, demonstrate initiative, and able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment with a passion for developing a culture of empowerment.
- At least 10 years of relevant leadership experience in financial services, wealth management or retail banking environments, with at least 5 years demonstrated leadership in wealth, private banking or retail banking teams.
- Proven leadership skills alongside project management and customer service skills.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications required. Recognized industry accreditations would be highly regarded.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AU
Application Deadline: N/A