At HSBC, the health and well-being of our employees remains of utmost importance. Many of our roles are permitted to work from home (in states in which HSBC is licensed to operate) until further notice. Upon resumption of normal operations, this role may be performed at our Jersey City, New Jersey office.
Support daily Equities settlement activity, possession and control and buy in processes. Ensure compliance with local regulation, fails resolution, and other operational processing.
- Independent decision making abilities while engaging Senior Management at all times
- Effectively manage multiple staffs /responsibilities and escalate where appropriate
- Support the Cash Equity / Equity Finance Front Office activities within a settlements capacity
- Review and action Possession and Control 15c3-3 activity
- Address settlement/position discrepancies; appropriate desk/Manager for prompt resolution
- Adhere to all rules, regulations and procedures that govern this role and organization
- Buy in processing; REG SHO
- Investigation and resolution of failing transactions
- Each employee must be aware of the Operational Risk scenario associated with the role and acts in a manner that takes account of operational risk considerations.
- Each employee must ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Investigate & resolve cash and stock reconciliation issues
- Maintain excellent client service skills (Internal & External clients)
- Support day to day processes/settlements and their timely resolution
- Daily monitoring of excess/deficits activity
- Advanced communication skills
- An overall knowledge of Equities and Fixed Income products
- Aggressive and quick learner who is able to multi-task
- Knowledge of ADP/BPS, DTCC, Obligation Warehouse, SmartTrack, Ascendis (Possession & Control)
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience working as Prime Brokerage trading support/operations
- Minimum of 4 years of Operations experience
- Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables; V-Lookup)
- Effective time management skills with the ability to meeting deadlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Application Deadline: N/A