Website Jack in the Box
Responsible, under general supervision, for performing moderate to complex account analysis, journal entry postings, data collection, researching general ledger account balance variances to subsidiary ledgers, and initiating corrections related to revenue, depository accounts, 3rd party delivery, mobile app, gift card, and operational licenses and permits. Is also responsible for resolving inquiries from field and corporate management, providing support to other accountants, implementing and maintaining accounting systems, and conducting various ad-hoc projects as directed.
- Maintains and ensures proper functionality of accounting systems and software. Reviews system data for integrity and accuracy. Collaborates with IT to provide accounting system support, testing, and process improvement recommendations. Assists with accounting system integrations, upgrades and transitions; provides requirements, assists in testing and the coordination of implementing the changes.
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required, assigned and directed.
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information from internal departments and external vendors or agencies. Works cross functionally with both internal and external customers. Creates and distributes ad hoc reports using specialized accounting software; gathers requirements and compiles data. Provides functional support to lower level accountants.
- Reviews and assesses accounting records, reports and statements. Analyzes account balances to ensure transactions are recorded accurately and performs analysis to ensure complete and accurate accounting treatment is applied; evaluates against subsidiary ledgers to identify and explain variances and trends. Recommends, prepares, and posts adjusting entries to the general ledger. Responsible for maintaining a high level of data integrity of the company’s sales and depository information.
- Processes data uploads to the general ledger using various accounting systems. Prepares period-end journal entries and ensures accurate and timely reporting of various income, expense and balance sheet accounts. Prepares period-end account reconciliations and SOX validations.
- Researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Analyzes complex accounting workflows, derives process inaccuracies, and recommends proper course of action to department management.
- Prepares and evaluates accounting documents in order to provide recommendations on account management.
Education – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field. Experience – 3+ years related accounting or financial system analysis experience. Skills/Knowledge/Abilities – Excellent oral and written English communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills. Broad knowledge of accounting/financial concepts and techniques. Strong MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access), knowledge of Oracle and Cognos Finance and personal computer skills; in-depth knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, and graphic software; fourth generation language. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
Company: Jack in the Box
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A