Website Jack in the Box
Responsible for developing and leading cross-functional projects that maximize efficiency and throughput and that drive the future growth of Jack in the Box. Delivers innovative solutions, process design and continual improvement for technological and non-technological systems in order to simplify restaurant operations and that align the organization on a future vision to achieve the brand mission.
- Travels to test markets to collect information and provide feedback to restaurants. Works to understand whether or not each program is being executed as designed. Proactively works with restaurant employees and management to overcome potential obstacles of new processes.
- Develops and executes multiple strategic operational initiatives from concept phase to national launch and implementation. Leverages a design-thinking methodology that starts with problem identification/opportunities to ensure a focus on restaurant level improvements. Projects include process evaluation and improvement of existing systems; resource planning; and process development of innovative technologies/automation.
- Ensures objectives are met on time and on budget.
- Owns continuous process improvement; monitors success of ongoing process updates, identifies opportunities for improvement and drives innovative solutions.
- Ensures awareness and attention to potential risks associated with assigned initiatives. Identifies and communicates key risks. Plans ahead to develop solutions that mitigate the risk.
- Independently leads multiple cross-functional teams across departments including IT, Operations Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Assurance, Finance and Restaurant Training. Collaborates on and impacts projects that traverse various departments; provides strategic support to ensure projects are delivered.
- Maintains restaurant-level perspective for company and franchise units to minimize the complexity of operational procedures and enable successful change management in 2,200+ restaurants. Uses field insights to challenge current processes and methods and make recommendations for improvement.
- Acts as a conduit between the Field employees and Restaurant Support Center teams to gather feedback on the effect of necessary changes to simplify the Standard Operating System and drive engagement at every level in the restaurant.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to restaurants and other locations approximately 15% – 25% of time as business needs require.
- Requires demonstrated project management skills, with proven success of project delivery.
- Strong logical and strategic thinking skills; ability to proactively develop creative solutions and think outside the box.
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders; ability to have productive conflict and communication at a high level to drive desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates partnership with other team members at all levels, especially in the restaurant.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently, multi-task, and adapt to change in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline driven environment.
- Working knowledge of restaurant operational systems and implementation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ability to use PowerPoint (or similar) as story-telling tool to influence others.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field. Master’s degree or PMP certification preferred.
- Experience – Minimum of 6 years of experience in project management, preferably with operational procedures in the restaurant industry and franchised organization. Prior experience with technology initiatives is a plus.
Company: Jack in the Box
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A