Website Jack in the Box
Responsible for planning and executing new product and item introductions, promotions, and product deletions from a Supply Chain perspective, and for working with suppliers and distributors and field personnel to ensure proper execution of events. Assesses and prepares for any disruptions to the supply chain process and serves as the primary Supply Chain representative for feasibility, planning, risk analysis and mitigation of Menu Marketing and Purchasing Category Team projects.
- With minimal assistance from more senior team members or supervisors, develops and implements supply chain plans for new product introductions, promotions, and deletions. Manages full scope of supply chain plans beginning with new product identification through testing, system introduction, maintenance, and deletion. Creates ingredient demand forecasts based on historical usage patterns, promotional activity, restaurant counts, and other pertinent factors. Works with suppliers on production plans to support Marketing events. Evaluates full supply chain plan effectiveness upon completion and documents and applies learnings to future events.
- Proactively identifies risks regarding suppliers and ingredients and identifies and evaluates potential factors and occurrences that could adversely impact product availability, company liability, and other event execution. Recommends and implements options for mitigating risks and liabilities and communicates those potential impacts to Supply Chain Management and Category Teams. Actively participates in Menu Marketing and Purchasing Category Team project discussions and recommends best options based on Supply Chain-related cost, risk and feasibility. Represents Supply Chain group on cross-functional teams regarding supply chain requirements, perspectives, and implications, and provides recommendations for successful execution across the entire supply chain.
- Works with distributors and suppliers to ensure supply chain plans are properly executed. Monitors and addresses issues with event execution across entire supply chain, from the suppliers, through the distributors, to the restaurants. Reviews and analyzes sales, demand, and Supply Chain execution throughout an event, adjusts plan as required, and communicates changes to appropriate internal and external individuals. Resolves product flow and supply issues and communicates with Category Teams and distributors, as required.
- Works closely and enhances collaborative relationships across brand development groups, suppliers, distributors, and field personnel. Participates in and leads cross functional and intra-departmental teams to provide expertise and decisions on Supply Chain capabilities and implications. Works with distributors to ensure appropriate alignment of event management responsibilities and develops plans for resolving issues with distributor execution of responsibilities.
- Advanced MS Office skills and proficiency and knowledge of downloading and uploading information via PC systems required. In-depth knowledge of statistical/financial techniques. Strong self-management, leadership, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. Effective verbal and written communication abilities, including meeting facilitation and presentation skills. Demonstrates integrity and ethical behavior.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain, Business, or related field is required.
- 2-4 years related experience in analysis and planning with an emphasis in supply chain, forecasting, or event logistics. Project management experience helpful.
Company: Jack in the Box
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A