View All JetBlue JobsJetBlue
The Director of IT Application Development & Integration is responsible for managing the various JetBlue applications and solution architecture. The software portfolio includes both custom and package applications that employ cutting edge technologies and practices to JetBlue’s business units (Operations, Revenue and Support). Work with IT Enterprise Architecture Team to drive the overall technology direction for IT.
- Enable the business by defining high-priority projects which support JetBlue’s business objectives, and which leverage the technologies and systems composing IT’s technology vision
- Guide business units in the development of application strategy and establish policies and procedures for developing and supporting all applications
- Understand the impact of each project, available resources, and external drivers to appropriately prioritize and assign projects
- Take a significant role in the development of crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement
- Approve contracts and negotiate pricing with business partners
- Develop and maintain technology solutions and processes that will enable organization to scale, innovate, improve member and staff experience, and operate efficiently and effectively.
- Manage the maintenance and development of all JetBlue applications
- Actively prioritize and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 projects per year
- Act as first point of contact for senior leadership regarding all JetBlue Applications
- Empower and inspire staff and members through education and the demonstration of impactful technology-driven solutions.
- Redesign processes and building the digital solutions and infrastructure to enable staff to do their work with members and each other better, faster in scalable ways.
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Uphold JetBlue’s safety performance metric goals and understand how they relate to their duties and responsibilities
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Must fulfill safety accountabilities as prescribed by JetBlue’s Safety Management System
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well-groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable laws, regulations (FAA, OSHA, DOT, etc.) and Company policies, procedures and risk controls
Qualification & Experience:
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience in large scale modern cloud-based application implementations
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Biloxi, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A