View All JetBlue Jobs JetBlue
The JetBlue Travel Products (JTP) Senior Accountant assists in ensuring the accurate and timely preparation of JTP’s internal and external reporting by recording assigned financial activity and researching all types of transactions for accuracy.
- Recommend improvements to the efficiency of accounting processes and timeliness of deliverables.
- Ensure internal controls are effectively maintained for assigned tasks.
- Interpret new financing agreements/contracts for proper accounting treatment.
- Support provided to other members of the finance team may be required at times.
- Assist with accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Ensure partner billings are done in a proper manner and follow up on delinquent accounts.
- Perform monthly journal entries.
- Prepare monthly revenue and expense accruals.
- Assist with budgets and ongoing forecast variance analysis.
- Lead the testing of reservation systems and ensure accounting reports are available and accurate.
- Collaborate and partner with other JTP and JetBlue departments and business partners.
- Research items of a technical nature to determine proper accounting and presentation.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and resolve any reconciling items on a timely basis.
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects as needed with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite with a focus on Excel including v look-up, pivot tables, etc.
- Self-starter who possesses a sense of urgency and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- In depth knowledge of accounting theory and United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Three (3) years accounting experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A