The JetBlue Travel Products (JTP) Product Release Engineer plays an integral role in implementing and executing build management and product release processes. The role is responsible for managing the source code management system, automating the build process and regression testing, building tools and monitoring used in product implementations. The Product Release Engineer establishes procedures and develops tools that are used to deliver software using a repeatable and scalable process and is responsible for complex design, development, unit testing, documentation and ongoing support of Technology Products. The ideal candidate is engaged in significant collaboration with stakeholders, driving technical architecture and implementation.
- Partner with data center operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation and support for applications.
- Use Configuration Management and deployment tools like Puppet, Chef and Salt.
- Work with Software Engineers in creating and maintaining unit test processes and results delivery.
- Configure and maintain processes within Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket instances.
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security and regulatory requirements.
- Assist Software Engineers with setting up jobs using Maven, Gradle and Jenkins.
- Work with internal and external DEV/OPS teams to ensure that the defined standards are met and used throughout all departments.
- Be part of the on call team to help resolve issues with the customer facing and support applications.
- Help design, code, debug and document of CI/CD process using industry standards adjusted for the custom requirements.
- Perform code reviews to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and requirements for all internal and external development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Come up with innovations in terms of tools/practices/processes that allow for the fine tuning of the delivery process.
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located.
- Available for moderate overnight travel (up to 10%)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience with Salt Stack, Puppet, Chef, Jenkins, Git VCS, Confluence, Jira, Vagrant, Centos/RHEL, VMWare, Artifactory (or similar)
- Experience with Bash, Python, Java, Jinja, YAML, RESTful APIs.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available for emergency response on short notice.
- Thorough knowledge of business function and thorough knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration process.
- Eight (8) years of overall experience working with infrastructure and/or Development teams to build enterprise-scale application integration solutions.
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery process.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A