Website Waste Management
Waste Management Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of waste or recyclable material. Drivers will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Drivers safely maneuver vehicles and navigate high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following tasks.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with WM Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report). .
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatcher of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatcher or Route Manager.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatcher and assists other.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service-related issues to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by WM or directed by Route Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A