Website Waste Management
At Waste Management our Residential drivers are responsible for the collection and hand loading of residential waste, as well as the transporting of this waste by a front-load or rear-load truck to a landfill site. The position routinely requires extensive near-continuous physical exertions such as repetitive lifting, pushing, and pulling receptacles that weigh from 50 to 75 pounds as part of their rigorous daily routine. Often, these waste receptacles have no wheels or handles for maneuverability, and the driver must have the physical strength to adjust accordingly. This physically strenuous position involves mounting and dismounting the truck between 800 and 1000 times every shift. In addition to these duties, pre and post trip vehicle inspection is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned and may vary by location.
- This position will require you to work in all weather extremes including extreme hot or cold, wet or dry conditions. Truck cabs often do not have air conditioning but may include a small fan.
- Our drivers, who have safe driving records, comply with all local and provincial transportation regulations and with company policy. Drivers are expected to communicate professionally with customers and dispatchers at all times. This includes receiving complaints about schedules and quality of service. Our Drivers must make note of and report on any such complaints and respond in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Required work hours may be up to the legal limits allowed and may require weekend and/or holiday work. Work hours will vary by route.
- Drivers must be able to read and understand a map, complete daily driver logs as well as pre and post trip truck inspections.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Successfully complete pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Clean driving record
- Experience: At least 1 year of experience within the last 7 years operating a vehicle requiring a Class 3 License, or military equivalent.
- Must have a valid Class 3 License with airbrakes endorsement.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sechelt, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A