This exciting role supports the Screwfix Trading team and Buying Managers with the commercial intelligence, tools, templates and analysis required to support commercial negotiations; deliver strong buying governance and tracking for stakeholders; and ensure we are getting the net cost prices from our suppliers. The role is to develop and embed best practice ways of working in approach to negotiation and vendor management.
- Maintain central (systemised) depository of all Vendor Contract negotiations for assigned Trading areas.
- Ensure latest commodity, currency and markets data is being pro-actively used to secure best buying price.
- Oversee timely completion of annual vendor buying agreements by the Trading teams (c£750m+ branded COGs).
- Coordinate programme of cost recovery where price investment is made.
- Create and own templates and workshop best practice into Trading teams.
- Support creation and maintenance of a suite of MI to improve visibility and outcomes in Negotiations and Vendor Management for assigned areas.
- Share and maintain best practice on Buying approach and ways of working (aligned to legal team and KF guidelines).
- Validate all major branded CPI requests.
- Developing and co-ordinating set play negotiation opportunities.
- Good communication skills, empathetic with people, listens and takes on board requirements
- Experience of Project Management
- Able to build strong internal relationships to deliver commercial improvement through others
- Strong team player who uses initiative and diplomacy when liaising with internal and external customers
- Experienced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint user, with good Analytical skills
- Challenges existing practices with positive intent
- Strong negotiation and negotiation planning skills
- Ideally previous experience in Buying and/or commercial role
- Good influencing and facilitation skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A