View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
Provides nursing care, under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse or physician, in accordance with the legal scope of practice and within established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Prioritizes and delegates work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Nursing Process Performs patient care activities, within the scope of competency, considering age-related needs of the patient as assigned.
- Reports unusual findings to the physician and/or Registered Nurse and contributes recommendations for revision to the plan of care.
- Adheres to medical center standards, which customize care for age-related needs of the population served.
- Keeps health care team members informed regarding patients’ responses to interventions.
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to develop individualized plan of care that reflects clinical findings, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Monitors patients’ progress based on the plan.
- Assures care meets standards of practice.
- Collaborates with physician and/or Registered Nurse to assure patient/family education..
- The Licensed Vocational Nurse demonstrates proficiency by exhibiting the following skills, competencies, and behaviors:
- Leadership Upholds Kaiser Permanente’s Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibility, and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude.
- Identifies and supports new ideas.
- Utilizes effective communication strategies, including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Participates in problem identification and resolution.
- Mentors and orients others in skill and behavioral learning.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Minimum six months acute care and/or related outpatient experience within past four years.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Current California Vocational Nurse License.
- Minimum one year acute care experience within past four years if working in a Home Health/Hospice Department.
- Experience requirements may be waived or modified when an appropriate program or course is available and successfully completed for New Graduate LVNs.
- I.V. Certification updated within last 3 years or must have demonstrated I.V. Competencies.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Stockton, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A