View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
The Staff Nurse (SN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The SN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and Department of Nursing personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Utilizes effective communication methods and skills, following lines of authority, as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides data for staffing decisions and demonstrates flexibility in the resolution of staffing issues; demonstrates flexibility when floating to other units upon requests.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care that is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate measures.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum six (6) months of experience. See job duties for specific experience requirements for specialty units.
- AMBULATORY CARE, GENERALIST – One (1) year of acute care experience.
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience or Graduate of registered nursing and either 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as an licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- FLOAT POOL – Three (3) years of experience as a staff nurse and demonstrated certifications and competency in bed units of assignment as outlined.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A