View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition care and services to patients/clients in response to protocol and physicians orders to include the following: Assessment of Patient’s nutritional risks/status; Development of care plans to meet nutritional needs of patients; Counseling of patients and family members; Education of patients, family members and caregivers; Hospital Based RD work with the Food Service staff to coordinate the food with the diet orders; and work to establish quality standard with staff. Services provided may be on medical center wide basis, in specialty area (e.g., ambulatory, maternal/child health, home health, hospice, etc.) and/or across the continuum.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality, service and performance improvement processes related to the delivery of clinical nutrition services.
- Contributes to the overall cost structure and service improvement goals of the Service Area.
- Conducts quality assurance audits and participates in committees and meetings to receive and report information.
- Assist in compiling audit information and standard setting.
- Provide feedback to Division Food and Clinical Nutrition Services staff or menu modifications and revision.
- Provide input to the budget process.
- May provide in-service training to staff.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Quality Responsibilities: Participates in the organizations quality program.
- Helps identify risk factors, establish performance targets and goals.
- Performs quality audits, reviews work, and assists others to improve performance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: May mentor, assist, review, assign, correct, organize and/or coordinate the work of new employees, students, Nutrition Aides, Nutrition Clerks, Nutrition Assistants and Diet Technician Registered but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- In accordance with physician orders, develop individualized nutrition care plans based on patient’s age, sex, diagnosis, cultural background, pain level, preferences, and religious practices.
- Conducts audits and/or menu reviews, and ensures patient menus or supplemental feedings meet nutritional requirements and physician’s orders for individual patients to include size, age, gender, cultural backgrounds, preferences, diagnosis, pain level, and religious practices.
- Develop meal plans to meet the member’s lifestyle.
- Document in the medical records as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities with the food service department to insure quality and accuracy of the food served to the patients.
- Monitors the accuracy of the tray related to the MNT or diet order according to diet manual.
- Checks for quality of product and is responsible for corrections and quality follow-up with manager/supervisor, staff, or vendor.
- Writes assessments, implements nutritional care plans, and follows the care and progress of the patients per protocol.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of high quality, cost effective food and clinical nutrition programs, policies and practices in the medical center and ensure compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Six (6) months of experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
- Bachelor’s degree in food and/or nutritional science.
- Current registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registry (CDR) in good standing.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- If working in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), must have at least one year experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Modesto, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A