View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
As the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Center Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
- Ensures clean, orderly, and functional work environment.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions. In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management plan.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and standards of practice.
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Service Area, Medical Center, and specified department.
- Demonstrates professional, supportive behavior.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Understands own and team members scope of practice and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customers ability to utilize resources.
- Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Treats all families of patients with courtesy, respect, kindness and compassion.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific operations and patient care activities
- Monitors the patients progress based on the plan.
- Promptly answers call lights, alarms, and patient requests.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- One ( 1)-year recent (within the last 3 years) full-time equivalent experience in an adult acute care setting or completion of a Kaiser Permanente (KP) or approved equivalent training program within prior 12 months.
- Basic Life Support
- Ventilator experience preferred.
- National Certification in field of expertise ie: PCCN, SCRN preferred.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A