Website Kaiser Permanente
Provides home health care to Kaiser Permanentes Home Health patients in coordination with physician orders and nursing interventions. Maintains professional, clinical, technical, and interpersonal skills to provide best possible service.
- Participates in multidisciplinary team conferences (formal and informal) to coordinate, discuss, and evaluate services provided to patient. Communicates with other Home Health personnel, other departments and with community resources to coordinate care and services for Home Health Services patients.
- Participates in Home Health Services functions such as staff meetings, staff in-services, and committees, as assigned. Participates in orientation of new personnel to Home Health Services and precepts students as assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement. Identifies and presents improvement opportunities to organization and implements Quality Improvement process(es). Identifies and reports infections of patients. Assists with development and implementation of departments annual work plan. Performs clinical record audits, as assigned. Maintains educational record and provides evidence of competency.
- Prepares weekly schedule of patient visits for self, and licensed practical nurse, and keeps Referral Center apprised of schedule changes and openings for new admissions and other added visits. Rotates weekend, holiday and after hour coverage with other Home Health nurses, as required.
- Notifies Home Health Manager and/or designee of unusual circumstances or abnormal conditions which might result in schedule change for self or other employees. Reports problems, incidents and/or concerns to Home Health Manager in timely manner.
- Follows all applicable laws, rules and recommendations for safe driving while on duty.
- Provides verification of current licensure/certification.
- Establishes and coordinates plan of care for patients assessing educational, equipment, skilled and non-skilled services and needs. Maintains productivity levels per agency standard.
- Evaluates patients, families, and home environment on admission and subsequent home visits. Determines if home environment is safe and appropriate for provision of home health services. Assesses patients physical and psychosocial needs. Develops and/or revises an appropriate plan of care. Communicates and coordinates plan of care with physician(s), patients and family, and other health care providers. Implements care, as ordered. Identifies problems accurately. Establishes reasonable/measurable goals. Establishes discharge planning in conjunction with the care planning process. Prepares and delivers medical supplies and orders equipment necessary for provision of prescribed care/service.
- Provides comprehensive nursing care as prescribed by patients physician and in compliance with Home Health Services established standards, policies, and procedures. Evaluates patients response to identified interventions. Reviews and interprets laboratory values. Demonstrates knowledge and skill in providing wound care. Provides all care according to established, written plan of care. Modifies/updates/changes plan of care when indicated by patients condition and/or physician orders. Obtains physician orders as required by State and Federal laws. Initiates appropriate preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Recognizes and interprets significant physiological and behavioral changes in patients condition. Reports findings appropriately to physician, Home Health Manager and/or other individuals involved in care of patient. Demonstrates critical thinking such as problem-solving, reflective practice, clinical reasoning, prioritizing, etc. Determines in conjunction with physician, when patient care needs to be shifted into another setting. Re-evaluates patients nursing needs regularly when licensed practical nurse furnishes services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in oral communication, written communication, interpersonal relations, customer service, problem solving, systems thinking, decision making, adaptability, and change management.
- Talking to co-workers, customers, outside vendors, and on the telephone.
- Reading, writing, speaking and understanding English.
- Training/giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical ability, attention to detail (e.g., organization, prioritization, proofing), concentration, and alertness.
- Drivers License (in location where applicable)
- Basic Life Support from American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse License (Hawaii)
- Two (2) years medical/surgical nursing experience, including experience or successful completion of training program (pre-hire, post-hire, or on-the-job) in area of specialty, if applicable.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Application Deadline: N/A