View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies safety principles as identified within the institution.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient care situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons, and documenting events.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own professional practice.
- Participates regularly in staff development activities for unit and department personnel.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentiality and risk management in all aspects of patient care and unit functioning.
- Participates in unit and Department Performance Improvement activities as directed.
- Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
- Identifies and solves problems effectively.
- Demonstrates a service philosophy in all interactions with patients, families, and all members of the health care team.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care given by health care team members.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic Life Support
- Demonstrated commitment to service orientation (members, staff, providers)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or (3) currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Training in chemotherapy, neurosurgery, telemetry or other specialties may be required once hired. Basic Arrhythmia recognition skills are required.
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills (in English)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the RN scope of practice
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A