View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame. The RN II provides care to patients via the therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment and instrumentation, and other health care team members.
Participates in patient/ family teaching and provides leadership in working cooperatively with members of the health care team to maintain standards of professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and sensitivity to patient/family rights, age specific needs, cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Provides/coordinates care for patients/patient populations.
- Establishes effective working relationships with members of the health care team, patients, and families.
- Acknowledges staff rights and cultural and ethical beliefs.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of health care team members.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an on-going systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and cognitive status; also nutrition, pain, patient/family education, family involvement and patient advocacy.
- Formulates a goal-directed plan of care when and where appropriate to do so.
- Implements care in a thorough, skillful, consistent, and continuous manner.
- Establishes priorities or patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment, and supplies.
- Identifies patient/family learning needs and acts to meet them..
- Basic Life Support
- License, Certification, Registration
- Graduate of an accredited registered nursing program and completion of the current hours required by the BRN of RN student clinical experience; OR Graduate of registered nursing program and either: 1) 2000 hours of RN experience in clinical area of specialty from a licensed acute care facility within three (3) years of graduation; or 2) graduate of an accredited licensed vocational nursing program that includes clinical student experience in acute care and has worked 2000 hours as a licensed vocational nurse within the clinical area of specialty within three (3) years before graduation or (3) currently enrolled in an accredited entry level MSN program and has completed pre-licensure requirements to practice nursing.
- Registered Nurse License (California)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support within 6 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 6 months of hire
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A