View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
Provides administrative support in a staff capacity to a diverse functional area or business group by directing such activities as budget planning and control, personnel administration, training, communications and workflow procedures. Identifies, coordinates and implements numerous projects/programs to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of operations and service. Provides support and advice to management. Resolves complex problems, many of which do not have easily definable solutions.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department. May be responsible for administering medications, including injections. May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments. Performs computer data entry functions. Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department. Performs other related duties as necessary. Customer Service: Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department.
- Anticipates the customer’s needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved. Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests. Facilitates the customer’s ability to utilize resources. Assures a clean, orderly, and functional work environment. Team Commitment: Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance. Takes accountability for own actions. Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members. Actively participates in departmental professional development activities. Adheres to Attendance Policy. Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Interviews patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent information as required by department. Records information in patients medical record. Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination. Assists clinician with care of the patient. Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials. Gives treatments and performs routine laboratory tests as required by department.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Minimum six (6) months of experience or successful completion of Kaiser Permanente externship.
- Per the National Agreement, current KP Coalition employees have this experience requirement waived.
- BLS required.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A