View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
Supervises all activities related to the order and delivery of products for end-users in the medical center as well as within the satellite medical offices. Monitors a distribution network that allows all products to be delivered to customers through an external distributor or internal network.
- Supervises and tracks material management operations and services that are complimentary to the Service Area strategy.
- Supervises material management staff; supports on-going education for growth and development of staff. Identifies opportunities for service improvements, cost reductions and product standardization.
- Assists manager in determining needs, ordering, maintaining records, physical inventory, and storage for surplus.
- Acts as an advocate for progressive material management concepts.
- Provides services to coordinate and carry out all movement of equipment and furniture for department/staff relocation and/or removal for storage or disposal.
- Maintains all applicable records for disposition of excess/damaged equipment.
- Assists manager with developing systems to manage inventory across departments.
- Supervises distribution system in conjunction with the region-wide distributor and local distribution centers.
- Assists with implementing operational processes to support order, delivery and replenishment of products.
- Supports use of TIMS for all ordering.
- Assists in educating users on new processes.
- Assists manager with developing facility material management strategy and objectives with Service Area cost and service goals.
- Responds quickly to customer concerns and issues.
- Maintains information systems and provides data to customers.
- Previous experience in an acute care hospital; supervision of material management operations within a multi-site setting; supervision of linen and laundry systems preferred.
- Experience with a variety of software applications. Excellent communication, team building and organizational skills.
- High School Diploma or General Education Devlopment (GED) required.
- Minimum three (3) years in material management and healthcare
- Bachelor’s degree in material management OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- Material Management Certification preferred.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A