View All Kaiser Permanente JobsKaiser Permanente
To provide comprehensive nursing care to patients undergoing treatment in Kaiser Permanente clinical oncology departments.
- Completes documentation of all care given in KP HealthConnect and documents on chemotherapy flow sheets as appropriate.
- Acts as a liaison between oncology patients and primary care providers, discharge planning nurses, psychiatric social workers, medical consultants and other parties as necessary to facilitate the patient’s plan of care.
- Provides comprehensive patient and family education including information about treatments, medications, chemotherapy, and investigational drugs (if appropriate); details of the patient’s plan of care including follow up visits and required laboratory tests; instruction about other pertinent medical conditions the patient may have; and information about internal Kaiser Permanente and community resources.
- Functions as an integral member of the oncology team; acts as a resource for LPN and CA staff. Maintains competency by completing all annual required and assigned nursing competencies and attending continuing education programs.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Performs comprehensive patient assessment prior to appointments with providers and appointments for chemotherapy to identify essential information for that visit. Provides ongoing assessment as appropriate during the course of the patient’s visit.
- Administers medications, including chemotherapy, to oncology patients following all principles of safe medication administration and established Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures, to include monitoring and observation of patients receiving those drugs.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment according to established regulations and Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures. Disposes of bio-hazardous waste according to established regulations and Kaiser Permanente polices and procedures; abides by applicable federal, stateand/or local standards regarding drug accountability. Ensures safeguards for handling toxic drugs are practiced at all times to protect self and others from hazardous exposure.
- Current RN license in appropriate jurisdiction is required.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) provider card for chemotherapy and biotherapy administration or current Association of Pediatric
- Hematology and Oncology Nurses Pediatric Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider cardis required. Newly hired nurses must obtain the provider card within six months of employment.
- At least two (2) years of current oncology experience including chemotherapy administration.
- BLS certification is required.
Company: Kaiser Permanente
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A