Website KinderCare Education
We have a newly created high visibility position for a Vice President of Internal Audit. The successful candidate will operate as a strategic thought leader within the company, while being just as comfortable in a tactical execution driven capacity. In this role, you’ll leverage your extensive knowledge of assurance, advisory, and risk assessment management to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of the company. This position reports directly to our Audit Committee Chairperson and administratively to the Chief Financial Officer while having regular communication with the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Executive Management.
- In addition to SOX compliance, oversees Corporate Audit and Field Audit teams that support, audit and review our processes at center level as well as at the National Support Center.
- Reporting to Audit Committee on a quarterly basis of the results of audit initiatives, SOX status and business consulting activities.
- Ensure that a robust set of IT general controls are in place and operating effectively, while working with IT leadership to help assess new IT control risks in a constantly changing environment.
- Lead the team in providing independent objective assurance and advisory services that are designed to validate design and operating effectiveness as well as improve controls, operations, risk management and compliance.
- Coordination with our Corporate Controller, Information Technology leadership and external auditor to ensure adequacy of annual audit plan for ongoing assurance and SOX needs.
- Lead the company’s finalization and implementation of public company Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program.
- Develop and implement the long-term Internal Audit vision and strategy, in line with KinderCare’s culture.
- Serves as the senior leader to communicate the strategic importance of financial controls to other leaders and the company in an inspiring way.
- Develop a risk-based annual audit plan through direct input, insight and perspective around current business, industry and regulatory risk factors to provide senior management with feedback on processes, operations and controls.
- Demonstrated ownership in managing objectives, team members, and stakeholders (internal and external).
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Experience managing an Internal Audit function in a publicly traded company preferred.
- 12+ years of professional leadership experience over Internal Audit.
- SOX experience required.
- Ability to travel when/if necessary.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, accounting, audit, economics, business, or relevant area of study.
- Experience building a culture of compliance and financial controls by considering the mission and values of the organization.
Company: KinderCare Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A