View All KinderCare JobsKinderCare Education
KinderCare Education is the nation’s leader in early childhood education. We nourish curiosity through purposeful experiences to create a future full of lifelong learners. From our National Support Center, to the classrooms where learning comes to life, we’re united by a passion to create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 161,000 children ages six-weeks through 12 years every day.
Want to feed the tiniest of taste buds? KinderCare Education is hiring a cook! As a cook, you will prepare healthy and tasty meals and snacks for the children in our centers. Following a menu and recipes developed by our in-house nutritionist, you’ll ensure our children have the fuel they need to learn and grow.
- Dispense and store medication, as requested
- Help with and take on responsibility in other daily center duties, as needed
- Support your center’s success by partnering with center staff and leadership to achieve goals around enrollment, accreditation, and engagement
- Complete timely and accurate documentation according to KinderCare Education and other licensing or regulation requirements
- Maintain kitchen and related equipment safely and hygienically
- Order food and supplies
- Basic math skills required for measuring and calculating serving portions
- Must be physically able to use the computer with basic proficiency and the ability to lift up to 40 pounds is strongly desired and may be required to work in some classrooms or in the kitchen.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English.
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Familiarity with proper conditions and food storage, the ability to understand the needs of children with food allergies, and to implement methods of food cross-contamination avoidance.
- At least one year of institutional cooking — food ordering experience highly desirable
- Possess a Food Handler’s License or willingness to obtain
- Two or more years of experience working with children, highly desirable
- Ability to follow nutritious menus and prepare sufficient quantity of foods for center population
Company: KinderCare Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Application Deadline: N/A