Website KPMG UK
- At KPMG we have re-imagined careers in corporate tax compliance. Our centralized tax compliance services are delivered by dedicated corporate tax compliance specialists utilizing our cutting edge technology platform. We are winning new clients and are growing our team as a result of these successes. This is an exciting time to be part of the corporate tax compliance team at KPMG.
- We are looking for a talented Senior Manager with UK corporate tax experience in the banking sector to join us in either Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Cardiff or as a remote worker.
- You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients. This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices and our partners in other countries, to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
- The Managed Services Team has a diverse client base, from mid-market to FTSE listed groups, from public sector to real estate to financial services. We are growing our team of banking sector specialists due to a number of exciting wins, and further opportunities exist to expand the team.
- In addition to delivering corporate tax compliance services there are opportunities to be involved in the development of our innovative technology solutions and also to participate in client demonstrations and other aspects of business development.
- With our technology enabled solutions our compliance specialists can focus on technical excellence, opportunity spotting and managing the compliance relationship with clients.
- We are offering both full time and part time roles with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
- Maintain portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalized and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Work with the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle including potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
- Group Reporting and Tax accounting disclosures (FRS101, FRS102, IFRS)
- Experience of the banking sector including Bank Loss Restriction, Bank Levy, Bank Corporation Tax Surcharge, Capital Attribution Tax Adjustments, Special Securitization Regime and Asset Finance
- Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
- Coaching and technical support for other team members.
- Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of review of corporate tax computations and returns, specific banking sector experience is required.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- In addition to banking sector knowledge, experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; tax accounting for single entities and groups.
- Experience of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and corporate interest restriction.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organizational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
- Proficient user of Alpha tax (or similar)
Company: KPMG UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A