You will be a Manager within our Wealth & Asset Management Consulting Practice and will be helping both grow our business and ensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging client engagements across the traditional Asset Management space working on projects related to strategy, process improvement, operating model design, RFP, vendor selection and in particular ESG, which is regarded as a key growth area for the business. As a Manager you will be expected to be a self-starter and be able to manage your day to day activities and client work with only limited oversight. As a Manager you will likely be expected to lead on the delivery of key client work items such as leading workstreams or being responsible for key deliverables and outputs.
It is also expected that you will lead and manage more junior member of the KPMG team as part of project delivery. You will be an example to more junior members of staff who will look to you for advice, guidance and development support.
As a Manager it is likely that you will also be required to support Senior Managers, Directors and Partners with business development activity such as helping with proposition development, proposals, RFP responses and pipeline management.
In addition to supporting the build out of the client proposition such as ESG, you will also be expected to support the development of the practice in a broader sense, such as through the development and nurturing of junior talent, training, internal communications and contribution to the positive culture and supportive working environment.
If you are able to help our clients seize the opportunities that exist in the Wealth & Asset Management Sector and are keen to contribute to an exciting, supportive and positive team with fantastic internal sponsorship and visibility, then this could be a perfect role for you!
- Contributing to the development of our thought-leadership content and associated Marketing Campaigns
- Identifying and managing delivery and financial risks across projects, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm’s frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Helping clients navigate the increasingly complex technology and data landscape including vendors in the market
- Working closely with client stakeholders and project teams often integrating into their existing business and project structures
- Leading on key client deliverables or workstreams such as operating model definition, project management, vendor selection or implementation activities
- Understanding the industry context, their business challenges, the opportunities and the threats our clients face
- Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
- Supporting with engagement management such as financial management (budgeting) / engagement and risk management / production and review of deliverables
- Contribution to and support of business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and client presentations
- Managing and coordinating projects and client activities to ensure delivery of quality, on time and within scope
- Good understanding of the asset management industry – either from within a fund manager, a fund administrator or another management consultancy
- Significant professional experience in either consulting, financial services and / or asset management
- Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity and inspire drive and confidence in others.
- A genuine interest and desire to work in the asset management sector and a strong desire to develop knowledge and skill sets in ESG and sustainable finance
- Proven expertise in Project Management and delivery of projects on time, within scope and of high quality
- A track record within the Wealth & Asset Management industry with a sound understanding of the industry trends, key themes and challenges
- An ability to contribute to a positive, inclusive and supportive working environment which respects and recognises all members of the team
- Industry qualifications preferred (e.g. CFA, IMC, CAIA)
- An ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients
- Good understanding of the operational and technological challenges associated with asset management
- Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A