The Leave & Benefit Administrator is responsible for directing and planning the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs and overseeing all leave of absence activities for the organization. This position will provide outstanding customer service and education to employees with opportunities to positively impact others in critical moments.
- Validate monthly invoices for accuracy and audit benefit enrollments as needed.
- Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Field employee benefits requests and work with the company’s benefit broker to resolve issues in a timely matter
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company’s benefits package.
- Survey industry trends and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Oversee employee benefit data in the company’s HRCM & Benefit Technology platform
- Identify opportunities to promote wellness and other initiatives that result in increased resources for mental and physical well-being.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefits processes.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company’s stance.
- Oversees the return-to-work process for employees returning from extended FMLA, workers compensation, or other leave(s).
- Facilitate other leave requests, which may include accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of leave and accommodation requests in accordance with specified legal requirements and documentation of best practices.
- Advise managers and employees on the interaction of leave laws with paid time off, workers compensation, and short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- Preserve confidentiality of employee medical documentation and files.
- Draft and/or recommend revisions to company leave policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable leave and accommodation laws including the FMLA, ADA, and state and local laws.
- Working knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, affecting employee benefit and leave programs
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with associates.
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including PowerPoint; experience with HRIS Systems preferred
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Knowledge of basic benefits terms, plan structure, and language.
- 1+ years of Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Indianapolis, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A