View All Lloyds JobsLloyds
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with extensive experience and specialised knowledge to join the Weather Modelling Team at LBG General Insurance, to help us deliver market-leading modelling of UK weather risk. You’ll join a small team of experienced peril specialists with varied backgrounds and a shared passion for delivering high quality, science-driven modelling of risk.
- Evaluation of model performance, and identification of improvements following weather event occurrence;
- Contributing to climate-related stress-testing and interrogation of the baseline view of risk against climate trends;
- Communicating results to various stakeholders across the business;
- Liaising with third party vendors;
- Working collaboratively to develop the LBG view of risk for weather perils for capital and pricing purposes;
- Supporting the business with forecasting and live weather event advice;
- Contributing to Solvency II standard Model Validation of catastrophe models;
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and coding skills.
- A PhD in a related discipline, experience developing UK weather models, or experience working with market-leading probabilistic catastrophe risk models in an operational environment desired.
- Demonstrable years of experience modelling weather perils;
- A good understanding of probabilistic catastrophe risk modelling;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Leeds, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A