View All Lloyds JobsLloyds
As a Software Engineer you’ll play a pivotal role in the future of our product development, shaping the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology. On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team which will:
- Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
- Build and launch new financial products
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
- You’ll understand and apply industry innovation, and the sharing of knowledge to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure the implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- You’ll mentor and develop your colleagues, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- You’ll also ensure applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices.
- You’ll write modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- You’ll contribute to setting the strategic direction for how applications are developed within the team.
- You’ll ensure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community.
- You’ll have a solid understanding of Git, source code management and managing change.
- You’ll know about agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium)
- You’ll also have an understanding of how to design high-availability / performant applications.
- You’ll demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills whilst working
- Able to demonstrate the ability to write modularised and testable code.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A