The Receiver/Stocker helps provide and deliver the right products to our customers by safely unloading merchandise from incoming freight, moving it to the sales floor, and stocking departments. This associate handles hazardous materials, replaces damaged shelving, keeps the backroom organized, and ensures equipment is charged. Additionally, this associate organizes merchandise and top stock to set up stores for sales success. To be successful, the associate must understand and prepare for the physical demands of moving merchandise for the majority of his/her shift. Depending on location type, the Receiver/Stocker works morning, afternoon evening, or overnight to prepare for store opening.
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Receiver/Stocker, this means:
- Being friendly and professional, and responding quickly to customer and associate needs.
- Following proper lifting guidelines to ensure safe moving and placement of merchandise.
- Ensuring merchandise is accurately received, stocked, and replenished.
- Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
- 6 months of experience in a warehouse performing inventory handling and stocking.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction).
- Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- 3 months of experience operating forklift/power equipment such as lifts, order pickers, and similar equipment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A