Marc Jacobs International, powered by the creative genius of Marc Jacobs, seeks a Legal Director to join the Legal Department team based in our New York City (SoHo) headquarters. Marc Jacobs International is part of the LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton fashion division and operates in the e-commerce, retail and wholesale markets.
The Legal Director will report to and work closely with the Company’s Senior Vice President and General Counsel to protect the Company and advocate for the Company’s interests, and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Partnering with the Product Development team on the Company’s CSR program for products, manufacturers, raw materials and suppliers
- Managing the Company’s corporate entities and subsidiaries
- Assisting the General Counsel with litigation matters
- Assisting the General Counsel with the review of new product designs, prints and graphics.
- Assisting the General Counsel with the management of the Company’s IP portfolio
- Assisting the General Counsel with the Company’s brand enforcement and anti-counterfeiting program
- Liaising with peers and counterparts at LVMH and within the other LVMH Maisons on sharing best practices and savoir faire.
- Managing the Company’s Ethics & Compliance program, including industry and product-related regulatory and legal compliance, education and training for the Company’s employees and our commercial partners.
- Managing the Company’s Data Privacy program
- Managing the Company’s contracts management program, including drafting and negotiating vendor, supplier, license and distributor agreement, and managing compliance with the agreements
- Managing the Company’s Real Estate portfolio
- Partnering with the Creative Services team on talent and creative asset agreements.
- Juris Doctor
- New York State Bar License
- 5-7 years’ experience at a law firm or corporate in-house legal department
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A