The Designer – Accessories will work closely with the Head of Accessories Design and Design Director on the design and development process for Marc Jacobs Leather goods. Responsibilities include sketching, drawing flats on the computer (CAD) research and inspiration, inspiration boards, and knowledge of global market trends, techniques.
- Ability to work closely with other design team members to help design a cohesive collection.
- Researches and stays on top of current trends & applies trends to product design.
- Researches & sources materials & components, provides feedback and inspiration.
- Oversees artwork and design boards. Ensures that all boards are done timely and meet the calendar deadlines.
- Creates & delivers product presentations.
- Identifies opportunities and makes suggestions for process improvement.
- Manages the design process from concept to production of finished collections.
- Develops innovative designs
- Understands the Marc Jacobs Customer and brand positioning.
- Works cross-functionally and timely with Product Development, Tech Design, and Merchandising and sales to determine style, materials, color and to develop a successful product.
- Operates within the given design calendar
- Excellent taste level & brand awareness.
- Strong sense of color, fashion, product & trend.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion (Design, Merchandising, etc.)
- 5+ years design experience.
- Strong knowledge of design & product development process.
- Strong design and conceptual skills.
- Strong organizational, time management, written & verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A