View All Marriott JobsMarriott International
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Manages kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations and preparation.
- Performs all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Estimates daily production needs on a weekly basis and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A