View All Marriott JobsMarriott International
Entry level management position that assists in leading the banquet staff while personally assisting in executing events based on requirements and standards. Assists in developing and directing team to provide consistent, high quality service.
- Understands the impact Banquet operations has on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Assists in scheduling banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
- Uses banquet beverage “Use” records to guide banquet beverage supervisor in controlling liquor costs, managing the banquet beverage perpetual inventory and requisitioning liquor.
- Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Maintains attendance log for banquet employees.
- Maintains and enforces established sanitation levels.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Orders supplies for the department (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props, and other service equipment needs).
- Assists in managing departmental inventories and assets including par levels and maintenance of equipment.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Ensures employee awareness of the event phase portion of the Meeting Planner Survey and Guest Satisfaction Scores.
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A