View All Marriott JobsMarriott International
Assists the Front Office Manager or Operations Manager in administering front office functions and supervising staff on a daily basis. Directs and works with associates to carry out procedures ensuring an efficient check in and check out process. Ensures guest and employee satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
- Ensures department delivers brand service standards and lives the WL Service Pledge.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Facilitates departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results.
- Completes AES impact plan; remains current on Q12 results and creates an environment of maximum associate engagement.
- Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
- Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
- Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Takes immediate actions on problems that are encountered in the Hotel.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Run the perfect shift, utilizing hourly checklists and the management checklist or calendar for success.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization.
- Maintains the hotel’s sundries or gift shop.
- Facilitates high-powered preshifts.
- Ensures daily procedures meet or exceed those audited in the brand standards audit, the WL internal audit, and the WL safety audit.
- Supervises all areas of the Front Office in the absence of the Front Office or Assistant Front Office Manager.
- Ability to prioritize needs of guests
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Front Desk operations
- College Degree required, minimum of 2 year degree
- Experience in similar leadership role required
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A