View All Marriott JobsMarriott International
As part of the Dubai regional office Finance team this role supports the Finance Business Support function within the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Key responsibilities include assisting with billing, Accounts receivable related activities like chasing debt, assisting with month end processes as well as monthly reporting and other accounting tasks whilst complying with Marriott International Policies as well as International and Local Standard Operating Procedures (MIPs, ISOPs and LSOPs).
- Assists with certain monthly balance sheet reconciliations and corrects any incorrect balances as required by MIP-66 (Account Reconciliations)
- Follows accounting policies and procedures, aligned with company’s targets
- Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date information to ensure accurate reporting.
- Represents team in all interactions.
- Effectively leverages centralized accounting processes via Accenture Hospitality Services
- Coordinates and implements work and projects as assigned
- Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
- Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
- Maintains positive working relations with internal customers and department managers.
- Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
- Identify ways to streamline accounting processes and provides recommendations and suggestions on improvements
- Maintains a strong accounting & operational control environment to safeguard assets
- Reconciles, reviews, researches and takes ownership of certain AR balances relating to locally controlled Program & Services and works closely with AHS on cash application, any other AR related issues
- Assists with debt collection efforts
- Assists in completing period-end closing procedures and management reporting as specified
- Assists with Global Design project accounting duties
- Assists with Franchise Fee application billing
- Assists with processing Accounts Payables invoices into Peoplesoft Financials according to MIP-67 (Disbursements).
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Mathematical Reasoning – Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A