Website Marriott International
The Area Senior Manager of Global Safety & Security Indonesia manages the Safety and Security Program for properties within the area of responsibility using specialized knowledge in the physical and social science fields to ensure this is aligned to the objectives of both the Global Safety & Security function and the Continent. Ensures that controllable loss is minimized and that the relevant tools are available and utilized to and addresses legal and cultural differences in a variety of situations and environments. He/she will interact on a regular basis with the following people: Senior Director and Senior Manager GS&S APEC, Marriott’s Global Safety & Security global team, Marriott’s Risk Management team, AVPs & Area Team members, property loss prevention, corporate investigations, legal and human resources.
- Advises hotels and Indonesia Area Team on local safety, security and health regulations and trends.
- Conducts or facilitates the completion of safety & security property audits to assist in identifying loss producing conditions or practices.
- Conducts or facilitates physical hazard inspections at new and existing properties to ensure a safe environment, compliance with local regulations and continent standards in conjunction with Engineering, identifying corrective actions.
- Facilitates and assists in Safety & Security training and education at targeted properties.
- Assists in the development of Safety & Security Leaders and officers in conjunction with the region’s HR team.
- Maintain key relationships with Indonesian authorities, counterterrorism groups, OSAC, and embassies.
- Analyzes accident and loss data and works with relevant stakeholders to provide strategic initiatives to address poor performance.
- Coordinates the review of major security incidents involving guest and hotel asset loss to identify means to reduce or eliminate like incident reoccurrence.
- Assists in design specifications of safety and security technology to properties.
- Oversee the MIP-30 program within the area of responsibility ensuring that the hotels have adequate instruction, information and training to comply with the relevant requirements.
- Coordinates the review of guest and associate accidents to identify means reduce or eliminate like incident reoccurrence.
- Ensures compliance with continent policy on the collection of accident and incident information in the form of MIRA.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, contractors
- Honesty and integrity
- Experience with, and knowledge of, safety and security operational procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage time
- At least 7 years of progressive work experience in the safety and security field, with increasing scope of responsibility, hospitality industry strongly preferred
- Strong consensus building skills and analytical skills
- Effective conflict management and change management skills
- Knowledge of crisis management planning, fire protection, safety, and security guidelines
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect Safety & Security
- Good training/ facilitator skills
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jakarta, ID
Application Deadline: N/A