Website Marriott International
Functions as the strategic business leader of the property’s Rooms department. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing and evaluating the quality of property’s rooms. Position works with direct reports to develop and implement departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures Rooms operations meet the brand’s standards, targets customer needs, ensures employee satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. Develops and implements property-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and employees and provides a return on investment to the owner and company.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Champions the brand’s service vision for product and service delivery.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Monitors and promotes room rates, specials, and promotions at the residence.
- Creates an atmosphere in all Rooms areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Demonstrates and communicates key drivers of guest satisfaction for the brand’s target customer.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine Rooms operations performance against budget.
- Monitors Rooms operations sales performance against budget.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Makes and executes the necessary decisions to keep property moving forward toward achievement of goals.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Reviews guest feedback with leadership team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in Rooms (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
Company: Marriott International
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jakarta, ID
Application Deadline: N/A