JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
- Perform all other reasonable tasks as requested by Management
- Assign schedules and supervise all production in all kitchen areas.
- Prepare food , stock fridges and mise en place for the Breakfast and day shift
- Promote and Maintain effective communications between all food producing areas.
- Check production charts against house count and expected business. Adjust estimate of the flow of business if necessary eliminating over production and waste.
- Communicate any problems with outlets to the affected department head and the Executive Chef for follow-up.
- Participates and follows-up on taste panels.
- Prepare Night Team food as per Executive Chef Directions.
- Checks inventories to see proper storage and rotation of stock.
- Checks staff restaurant menu for quality, quantity and adherence to menu cycle.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to all fire, health and safety procedures.
- To ensure that all buffet set-ups are professional, appealing to the eye and constantly replenished.
- To lead by example with a hands on approach.
- Constantly check and expedite food service during all meal periods to ensure food meets our portion control and quality standards.
- Follow-up and update use records.
- Maintain and supervise good housekeeping practices in all food production areas, strictly enforcing our ‘Clean as you go’ policy throughout all reach-ins, walk-ins, freezers, machinery, and other equipment. Establish systems and methods of operation to ensure cleanliness and hygiene in all back of house areas to standards set as cost effectively as possible.
- To achieve departmental standards and goals, maintain a safe working environment with a follow-up by repair order.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Familiar with relevant legislation, e.g. COSHH and Health & Safety.
- Able to help other departments, should business require it.
- Speak good English.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Has a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Flexibility in line with business hours
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A