The Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel is part of Marriott International, the world’s largest hospitality brand with over 7,500 properties in more than 120 countries and territories. As a Company we offer a great working environment, with a team of genuine hospitality focused professionals across the hotel striving to create brilliant and memorable experiences for our guests.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building. Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing eg plunge toilet and unclog drain), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Carry equipment (e.g., tools, tester). Identify, locate and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Programme TVs and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties.
- Participate within the engineering shift rota pattern including call out rota
- Previous experience working in the Engineering department or in a similar environment (preferred).
- Able to work alone and within a team
- Health & Safety
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- Practical maintenance experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A