View All Mary Kay JobsMary Kay Global
Entry Level Supervisor oversees the filling, inspecting, packing, and shipping of Mary Kay Inc. orders to ensure the timely and accurate movement of products from the distribution center to the customer. Supervises the support activities such as inventory control, and forklift and shipping operations. Receives guidance from Branch Distribution Manager and/or Warehouse Supervisor II/III. Works to follow our Leadership Principles and the Golden Rule, incumbent must lead by example to train, develop, motivate, and hold accountable staff to achieve expected quality and productivity goals, while being adaptable to scheduling needs based on cyclical variations in workload experienced in Branch Operations.
- Oversees the receipt, storage, and proper rotation of finished goods from Corporate Warehouse where applicable. Ensures the maintenance of adequate line inventory levels. Interfaces closely with Distribution Coordinator to manage and control accurate and timely flow of inventory into and within the facility. Provides backup as Distribution Coordinator as needed. Responsible for setting yearly cycle count task rules in WM. If applicable, supervises Distribution Assembly operations including managing the completion of work orders, receiving inventory for pack outs, assigning labor to meet production requirements, providing training for proper assembly, ensuring correct case labeling, shipping finished sets to various fulfillment locations, and reconciling inventory against production, shortages, and damages.
- Interfaces with other management within the distribution center to resolve problems and coordinate order filling activities. Keeps management apprised of warehouse activities and problems. Coordinates with Corporate Warehouse staff to arrange for backhauls, resolve receiving problems, and obtain information regarding project hold status where applicable. Interfaces with Global Inventory Control and SCS support team to ensure operational issues are resolved quickly. Works with UPS and other carriers on outbound shipments and schedules pickups accordingly.
- Ensures product orders are filled, checked, packed, and shipped in a timely and accurate manner. Supervises the operation of computerized pick line, overseeing the efficient operation of the equipment and utilization of employees. Schedules and adjusts work assignments based on volume and/or priority of orders. Performs basic pick-to-light components and general equipment maintenance and various other repair duties to ensure equipment is operational. Elevates maintenance issues as needed. Utilizes Mary Kay Inc.’s Business Systems (WM/JDE/Pick-to-Light) daily to direct, monitor, maintain, and evaluate warehouse productivity, efficiency, and inventory replenishment and accuracy. Inspects warehouse to ensure safety and cleanliness standards are being strictly adhered to. Responsible for all safety issues affecting employees, including taking action to minimize risk of injury as needed.
- Responsible for quality and quantity performance of shift. Leads an employee-driven quality improvement process to ensure orders are accurately filled and packed to minimize shipping damage and support customer satisfaction. Develops and maintains measurement programs and recognition/incentives to achieve desired quality objectives. Works with Warehouse Supervisor II or III to build expertise on Mary Kay Distribution Operations. Ensures cost effectiveness in the operation of the order filling function to contribute to overall Company profitability goals. Prepares daily reports regarding warehouse operations. Initiates and/or recommends operational changes and improvements. Must work towards continuous improvement in all areas of distribution. Creates a specific line of sight that tells employees where we are going, how we will get there, and the expectations.
- Works with Manager on employee performance appraisals for direct reports. Maintains and monitors attendance records consistent with the requirements of the company. Monitors and provides employee counseling for improvement when not in compliance with attendance and/or other Company policies. Interviews and selects applicants for internal job opportunities. If applicable, evaluates and recommends hiring of temporary/agency personnel based on performance and attendance during their temporary assignment. Terminates temporary assignments through agency personnel based on work volume, performance, and attendance. Trains, develops, and motivates staff to achieve optimal quality and productivity. Develops, implements, and maintains a positive, culture-driven work environment, leads by example, and encourages employee involvement in Company programs to motivate team and achieve maximum cooperation and contribution. Recognizes and rewards successful achievements. Responsible for supervising training needs of staff such as forklift certification, safety, Hazmat training, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and maintaining a safe and productive work environment. Orders tools and supplies needed for warehouse operations. Arranges for equipment maintenance and repair by vendors.
- Must be able to proficiently perform the basic functions of all warehouse jobs. Must have excellent knowledge of safety practices and GMP in order to enforce employee compliance with procedures.
- 3 to 5 years of distribution experience. 1-3 years of supervisory experience in distribution order fulfillment environment strongly preferred.
- Must have PC skills in a Windows environment in order to utilize Mary Kay Inc.’s Business Systems software and to generate a variety of reports specific to Company’s supply chain and inventory control needs.
- Must possess good problem-solving and decision-making skills to resolve issues quickly and keep the operation running. Must be able to analyze data from various reports and make good business decisions to increase the efficiency of the department. All requirements are subject to modification, where possible and as necessary, to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Job requires a high school education or equivalent plus three to five years distribution experience. College degree preferred.
- Strong communication, leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required to effectively supervise distribution center warehouse activities and work with employees throughout the organization.
- Must have ability to utilize courtesy and tact in interactions with department and Company personnel in the exchange of information and resolution of problems.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Company: Mary Kay Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: York, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A