View All Mary Kay JobsMary Kay Global
Under direct supervision, compounds bulk product for Packaging Operations. Contributes to ensuring safe working practices are followed and contributes ideas to simplify and standardize the workplace. Shares ownership in achieving world class performance and continuous improvement of production. Accountable for helping to achieve strategies and goals of becoming the world class, low cost/high quality producer of choice.
- Documents various procedures during the processing of the bulk, such as mixing time, mixing temperature, reweighing of raws, additions or corrections.
- Documents production timelines using current best practices. Maintains batch records as specified. Computes yield percentages and documents results.
- Ensures proper labeling of product.
- Maintains tools and work areas in a clean and orderly manner according to GMP practices and routinely sanitizes equipment following Sanitation JSSR’s and work instructions. Performs GMP/Safety Audits to ensure GMP standards are followed daily. Utilizes current inventory system to account for raw material usage, close work orders, and makes inventory adjustments as necessary. Operates an RF device to induct raws and move materials to active location.
- Participates in and provides feedback for first production batches with Process Development. Participates in safety JSA’s, and various lean activities and events including but not limited to WPO, problem solving, 5 Why etc. Follows recycling practices.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required, including assisting other technicians. Assembles feed systems to supply finished product to packaging or takes steps to transfer finished product to proper equipment or warehouse as required. Assists packaging with hookups for delivering bulk product and insuring the bulk is released.
- Assembles piping, filters, hose connections and bottom valves. Operates processing equipment including pumps, mills, mixers, homogenizers, and kettles, and uses automated processing equipment to compound cosmetics and personal care products from raw materials to finished product. Product categories requiring specific training include alcohol products and lip products. Submits finished bulk product to the Quality Control Analytical Laboratory for testing after the completion of all work order and inventory system tasks.
- General knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, problem solving, and WPO are desired.
- Must possess the manual dexterity to measure raw materials and use measuring equipment, and to perform quality checks, assemble some processing equipment and use a computer.
- Shift or schedule change may be necessary due to changing business needs.
- Must be able to frequently move 50-80 lbs., lift a maximum weight of 20 kgs and push and pull in order to move drums up to 450 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a team environment. Must be able to participate and contribute constructively in department meetings in order to develop problem solving skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods to compound a batch. Must be able to walk, stoop, crouch, kneel, reach, climb portable stairs in order to load raw materials into kettle.
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment and metric weights and measures in order to weigh and reweigh raw materials.
- Must be able to pass forklift/pallet jack training, drive a forklift and operate a powered pallet jack in order to transfer raw materials from Central Weigh to the
- Processing area and finished bulk to the elevator.
- Must have basic math skills, as demonstrated by passing a math test. Must be able to use the metric system in order to reweigh raw materials and finished bulk according to specifications.
- Must meet all production/quality standards as defined by department for this job.
Company: Mary Kay Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A