View All Mary Kay Jobs Mary Kay Global
With minimal supervision, maintains data, analyzes, and reports complex trends, prepares analyses, and implements computer systems to gather data. Proactively uses data to make recommendations to marketing team for product portfolio heath and sku optimization. Utilizes technical expertise, judgment and experience to determine relevance of findings and recommends program changes. Has latitude for determining appropriate actions or proposing solutions.
- Assists Manager, Marketing Analytics and Sr. Manager, Product Marketing to implement new product strategies and decisions through deep market and category analysis. Works on the U.S Product Health assessment and presents recommendations, in partnership with category owners, to impact future category growth to US Leadership team. Uses historical data from the Company’s data warehouse for use in ongoing analysis of the US product portfolio, to include product category to sku level detail. Independently prepares and presents recommendations to management, effectively serving as a consultant by proactively identifying areas for improvement. Uses presentation software (ex. Tableau) to maximize effectiveness of visualizations to ensure audience understanding.
- Leads special projects that involve gathering and analyzing data from various databases and formatting in either graph or text form as required for presentation purposes. Maintains continuing knowledge of various data available (sales force, financial and product), Company programs, and graphic packages. Acts quickly to gather information and make suggestions to leadership for programs, changes, and promotions.
- Works closely with corporate Pricing team, Marketing Analytics and Sr. Manager, Product Marketing to implement and deliver on a US pricing strategy. Monitor competitive and internal Mary Kay pricing, and make suggestions for changes as needed.
- Gathers and maintains data to provide U.S. Marketing, Distribution, and/or Inventory Planning divisions with pertinent impact analysis of economic and Company factors affecting ongoing and proposed programs. Analyzes output by evaluating trends, historical relationships and other factors that may have caused variances. Keeps abreast of marketing product calendar, marketing programs, initiatives, etc., in order to perform effective analyses. Prepares and presents recommendations to the Leadership team.
- Analyzes sales-to-forecast variances by SKU on a monthly basis to reduce future forecast error along with preparing other reports designed to test suggested forecasts for reasonableness. Identifies and analyzes trends, historical relationships, and factors that may have caused sales-to-forecast variances such as the introduction of a new product or a special marketing or sales event. When analyzing a sales forecast or business model, considers similar product performance, promotional impact, marketing input and pure statistical model output.
- Uses data to help determine new product forecasts at various stages of the Agile new product development process, to be approved by senior leadership
- Ability to adapt and influence behavior or change an opinion
- Ability to collaborate with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between groups.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Market Research, Business Administration, Marketing or other business-related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of available data (sales force, financial, and product), Company programs and graphic packages to gather and analyze data from various databases.
- Advanced analytical skills to evaluate trends, historical relationships and other factors that cause variances. Experience with a statistical software package/application such as SAS, Eviews, SPSS, or R. Knowledge of SQL Query language beneficial.
- 5+ years of experience in financial analysis, accounting, or other business-related field.
- Advanced MS Office tool skills with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using Tableau preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to explain variances, clearly explain results of analysis in written reports, gather data from personnel in various departments, and to assist in preparing recommendations for senior leadership. Ability to effectively explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
Company: Mary Kay Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A