View All Mary Kay JobsMary Kay Global
Under direct supervision, performs routine and specific production duties to include materials management and/or finished goods assembly work and ensures compliance to packaging specifications. Contributes to ensuring safe working practices are followed and contributes ideas to simplification and standardization of the workplace. Shares ownership in achieving world class performance and continuous improvement of production. Accountable for helping to achieve strategies and goals of becoming the world class, low cost/high quality producer of choice.
- Communicates with warehouse personnel as well as other interface groups to coordinate efforts required to provide production lines with component parts, ensures all finished goods and material returns are in the appropriate place, and ensures equipment is maintained. Assists with training team members and temporary personnel to ensure production quality standards, as defined by the department, are met. Engaged in process improvement activities such as scrap reduction and improved throughput.
- Promotes performance improvement initiatives within team to include contributing to workplace organization and cleanliness practices, conducting 6S (housekeeping) observations, simplifying and standardizing work processes, and promoting team and self-discipline to those processes.
- Participates in visual management initiatives to share safety and production targets/actuals with teams and management. Takes process water samples for Micro and QC and documents water sampling log book. Performs sanitizer titration at the beginning of each shift and documents as appropriate. Maintains cleanliness by following approved work instructions for sanitation room cleaning and maintains order in the sanitation and storage rooms to minimize micro-contamination exposure.eeds
- Participates in performing set up, sanitization verification, daily start up, tuning, change over and equipment preventive maintenance in accordance with production requirements to ensure proper operation of machinery. Packages individual sanitized parts and transports to the proper area for storage. Completes and attaches sanitization label to equipment after sanitizing. Fills out all necessary documentation for cleaned and sanitized equipment. Monitors cleaned equipment for expiration dates and re-sanitizes expired equipment as needed.
- Ensures the accuracy of component parts and miscellaneous supplies inducted to the production lines. Performs a cross check of component part numbers against work order parts list and specifications to ensure the correct components are on the production line utilizing Mary Kay Business Systems. Ensures the accuracy of component parts and quantities to be returned from a production line. Processes requisitions for supplies and assembles re-shippers. Shares accountability with employees on the packaging line for packaging specification compliance. Operates filling and packaging machinery in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, and adheres to strict safety procedures and practices. Checks for accurate day codes and other required coding information. Packs product into containers, inspects component parts fed into the production line, manually feeds components such as cartons and literature into the equipment, assembles pallets, fills hoppers with component parts, and packs re-shippers with finished product. Performs in-process quality checks as required and ensures that the correct components are on the line. May make minor mechanical adjustments.
- Inspects all pallets for broken boards. Verifies correct bar-coding labeling or related stenciling on re-shippers. Ensures that all finished goods and material returns are on the appropriate pallet. Breaks down boxes for recycling cardboard.
- Must be able to stand and walk approximately 50% of the time and bend, stoop, and lift 50% of the time in order to supply the production line with component parts, boxes, and supplies; inspect product pallets; and move product and/or rejects to the appropriate location.
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, and walk frequently in order to pack product into cartons, inspect component parts fed into the production line, feed components into the production line, assemble pallets, and fill hoppers with component parts.
- Must be able to routinely climb step ladders and platforms to reach equipment loading points or to clear jammed equipment.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and fingers for sustained periods of time as demonstrated by passing a manual dexterity test. Must be able to pack product into cartons, pack re-shippers with finished product, and feed components into production lines. Must have the ability to reach across conveyors or hoppers.
- Must be able to meet all production, quality, and safety standards as defined by the department for this job.
- Shift or schedule change may be necessary due to changing business
- Must have basic PC skills in a windows environment in order to operate computer system and must possess data entry skills in order to utilize various computers and Mary Kay Inc. Business Systems.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team environment. Actively participates and contributes constructively to learn meetings and related discussion or problem solving.
- Must be able to follow and demonstrate daily all safety rules and regulations as they apply to the lines and packaging floor.
- Must be detail-oriented in order to ensure the accuracy of components supplied for the production lines, as well as ensuring proper day coding or other related coding as required in packaging specification, accuracy in processing requisitions, monitoring inventory usage and troubleshooting discrepancies as well as calculating material returns.
- Must be able to visually inspect component parts for compliance with quality standards; check day codes and other required coding; check product labeling; and match product with the appropriate carton.
- Must be able to stoop, lift, bend, and move 50 lbs. to provide production lines with component parts, transport product and pallets, place re-shippers on pallets, assemble pallets, and fill hoppers with component parts and products. May be required to operate a pallet jack in order to move pallets to finished goods area.
Company: Mary Kay Global
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A